Friday 7 December 2018

Research: Archival and Provenance of Art by Gaynor Evelyn Sweeney

Research: Archival and Provenance of Art by Gaynor Evelyn Sweeney




Research: Archival and Provenance of Art by Gaynor Evelyn Sweeney

www.facebook.com/groups/archival.and.provenance.of.art

To research and collate past art I have done over several decades to the present.
Like a lot of Artists and to the mass of art work I have done over years I did not retain records for all of it. So, now I am preparing to produce a comprehensive record of all my art.
For some of this I will have to source to where it went and locate to document fully.
- Image of art.
- Type of art.
- Date of production.
- Media.
- Dimensions
- The provenance of that art.
- Ownership (private or public).

The aims and conclusion is to establish as accurate as possible:
- An archival register of past art to present.
- The place of origin or earliest known history from production to presentation.
- Migration, locations, events and ownership.
- A record of ownership of a work of art, used as a guide to authenticity or quality.
- Methods of provenance.
- Authenticity and aesthetics.
- Law and ownership.

If any reading this own some of my art or aware of a location of a piece please email me an image of it to gaynor_evelyn_sweeney@live.com and kindly provide as much information as noted to what I necessitate to compile my archive? Thank you.

Gaynor Evelyn Sweeney
(Artist, Curator and Author)

m: +44(0)7944141519 (Text only)


No comments:

Post a Comment